Irwin Unibit Titanium Metric Step Drill
- Ideal for drilling holes into thin materials such as stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, plastic and laminates
- Single-flute cutting edge for greater control through steps
- 3 flatted shank prevents slipping in drill chuck
- New SpeedPoint tip penetrates faster than previous Unibits and prevents walking
- 4mm - 22mm
- maximum material thickness 5mm
In 1884 Charles IRWIN owned a pharmacy in Martinsville, Ohio. A local blacksmith who was a customer of Mr. IRWIN's came up with the idea for a solid center auger bit. He sold the rights to this invention to Mr. IRWIN and a year later, after patenting the Auger bit, Charles IRWIN, along with four other business partners formed the IRWIN Auger Bit Co.,/p>
In 1993 the company's histories would converge. Petersen Manufacturing, which changed its name to American Tool Companies in 1985, acquired the IRWIN Tool Company.
It was the beginning of what would become two tool industry leaders, joining forces to create one industry giant.