Irwin SPEEDBOR Blue Groove Spade Bits
- Blue-Groove point and cutting edge cuts the wood up to 4X faster
- Double spurs for cleaner holes and reduced breakout
- Curved scoop optimises control and removal of wood chips
- 6mm hex shank prevents bit from slipping in chuck
- Full length heat treated body is stronger and lasts longer
- Quick Change shank for fast changing in Lock-n-Load adaptors. Not applicable to 406mm length bits
- 10% larger shank for added durability
- 10mm, 13mm, 16mm, 19mm, 22mm, 25mm
In 1884 Charles IRWIN owned a pharmacy in Martinsville, Ohio. A local blacksmith who was a customer of Mr. IRWIN's came up with the idea for a solid center auger bit. He sold the rights to this invention to Mr. IRWIN and a year later, after patenting the Auger bit, Charles IRWIN, along with four other business partners formed the IRWIN Auger Bit Co.
In 1993 the company's histories would converge. Petersen Manufacturing, which changed its name to American Tool Companies in 1985, acquired the IRWIN Tool Company.
It was the beginning of what would become two tool industry leaders, joining forces to create one industry giant.